Bristol and Avon Family History SocietyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Address||c/o Bristol Record Office, 'B' Bond Warehouse, Smeaton Road, Bristol, BS1 6XN, England|
The Bristol & Avon Family History Society offers the following services online:
- Publications for sale
- Online searchable databases
- On-going projects
- Newsletter and journal
Benefits of Membership in Local Family History Societies
The following advantages and benefits of joining a local family history society will help you extend your pedigree and grow your knowledge and research skills in each English county:
- One of the best ways to discover other (distant) relatives, with whom to collaborate on family lines.
- Learn about events and local history which directly affected your ancestors.
- Know how/what effective search strategies and other critical approaches to employ in your research.
- Obtain numerous ideas for helping you overcome brickwalls in constructing your genealogy.
- Learn about, use, help create critical products being compiled by each society, such as transcribing or indexing churchyard, marriage, baptism, census, military, occupation, and etc records of the area or county, perhaps even helping to build data content for your parish[es] of interest (i.e.index) if desired.
- Purchase books, CDs, microfiche, or the services of knowledgeable and experienced local residents to perform "lookup" services for all those researching ancestry from remote areas around the world.
- Share/publish your ancestral surnames of interests for others to view and respond with help and assistance in various ways.
- This page was last modified on 11 October 2015, at 17:46.
- This page has been accessed 1,332 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News