Brookline, VermontEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Brookline was chartered on November 30, 1794 by the Vermont Legislature. Brookline was created from the southern half of Athens and a small part of the western side of Putney. Subsequently a little piece of Newfane that lay east of West River was added. The name comes from Grassy Brook, which rises over the line in Athens at Lily Pond and flows in an almost straight line through Brookline from north to south. 
- The local history of Brookline, VT : The general history of the town (1886) - digital copy available free of charge online.
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
The probate district for Brookline is Westminster.
Westminster Probate Court
PO Box 47
Bellows Falls, VT 05101
Phone: (802) 463-3019
The following is a list of cemeteries in present-day Brookline. For location of cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Windham County, website at this link.
- Austin Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Riverside Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
Index to Riverside Cemetery lots, 1794-1869, are available on microfilm at the Family History Library. Order film online.
Gleanings from gravestone inscriptions, etc., of Brookline, Vermont, circa 1737-1987 are available on microfilm at the Family History Library. Order film online
Baptist Church (Brookline Township, Vermont), 1891-1970, are available on microfilm at the Family History Library. Order film online.
Town Clerk Vital and Town Records, 1795-1850, can be found on FamilySerach (browse only images).
The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Brookline Town Clerk's Office. These include Birth, marriage and death records (1897-2002) and indexes (1857-1904), Land records and deeds, 1795-1923, and Town records, 1795-1915.
Brookline Town Office
P.O. Box 403
734 Grassy Brook Rd.
Brookline, VT 05345
Phone: (802) 365-4648
Libraries and Historical Societies
- ↑ About Brookline, VT - http://www.virtualvermont.com/towns/brookline.html#about
- ↑ History of the Town of Brookline, VT, http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vermont/WindhamBrookline.html
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 03:38.
- This page has been accessed 1,023 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News