Buttsbury, EssexEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Buttsbury, Essex family history and genealogy. Parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Buttsbury (St Mary), is a parish in Chelmsford district, Essex; it is on the river Wid and on the Eastern Counties railway, 1 1/2 miles SE of Ingatestone railway station, and 6 1/2 miles SSW of Chelmsford.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241364.
Poor Law Unions
Parish chest materials, 1818-1935 Microfilm copy of original at Essex Record Office in Chelmsford, England.Contents: item 17. Vestry minutes, 1857-1935 -- item 18. Preabulation, 1818 -- item 19. Parish council minutes, 1894-1900 -- item 20. Parish council records, 1894-1934. Essex Record Office, Chelmsford, no.: D/P390/8, 30/1-2, D/P54/28/3. Parish chest materials, 1818-1935 FHL BRITISH Film
1657347 Items 17-20
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Essex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Wilson, John M., Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870). Adapted: access date 10 May 2013
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Essex Ancestors: Unearth Your Roots, Seax - Essex Archives Online From the Essex Record Office, accessed 3 March 2012.
- ↑ Batch C041811, see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Essex, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 April 2012.
- ↑ Batch M041811, see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Essex, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 April 2012.
- ↑ "Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county," Origins.net, accessed 12 June 2011; Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists Enterprises Ltd., 1994). FHL Book 942 K22L 1994
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- This page was last modified on 17 April 2014, at 03:29.
- This page has been accessed 3,678 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback