Calgary Alberta South Family History CentreEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Centre article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Calgary Alberta South Family History Centre is located in the community of Parkland in the SE quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. We are supported by 17 Family History Consultants and Volunteers serving over 1000 patrons per year.
We strive to create opportunities for families to strengthen bonds and family ties as we provide support and education to the communities surrounding the Family History Center
Location and Map:
- Google Map " Calgary Alberta South Family History Centre
- 14540 Parkland Blvd S.E. Calgary
- After turning into the Parking lot turn right, go around the corner of the building. Park by the first door. Ring doorbell - a Family History Centre worker will come and welcome you in.
- Tuesday 9 am - Noon, 7pm - 9.30 pm
- Wednesday By appointment only
- Thursday 9 am - 12 noon, 7 pm. - 9.30 pm
- Holiday Schedule: Please phone to verify holiday hours during July and August and Christmas closing.
Phone: 1 403-225-9739
Family History Centre Phone/Answering Machine: 1 403-225-9739
- Director: George Spencer
- Assistant Director: Linda Spencer
- Assistant Director: Deanna Dehoylos
- Assistant Directors:
Calendar and Events:
Tour and Group Activities:
The Calgary South Family History Center welcomes the opportunity for individuals, organizations, and other groups visit to our Center.
We offer a variety of options that are sure to provide interest to your group - Youth, Adult, Church, Organization, Club, etc.
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES FOR SCHEDULING A GROUP VISIT:
- GROUP SIZE: We recommend a maximum of 12 participants for individual hands on computer access, For groups over 12, please contact: AB_CalgarySouth@ldsmail.net
- 'RESERVATIONS: Group activities will be held on the 3rd and 4th 'Wednesdays of the month. All groups must be booked through George or Linda Spencer (403-592-0119). When booking, please indicate the purpose of the visit and equipment required, the number of participants and group contact person.
- GUIDELINES FOR A SUCCESSFUL VISIT:
1. LDS Account Registration: Each LDS Member of the group needs to have an LDS Login Account BEFORE coming to the Center. Please have them log into <a href="https://ldsaccount.lds.org">https://ldsaccount.lds.org</a> or another church account site to make sure their username and password are working. For members who don't have a current account, have them register for one prior to your visit. They can do this by going to https://ldsaccount.lds.org and clicking on the Register for an LDS Account button on the right side of the screen and entering the necessary information, which includes their church membership number and birth date. Their membership number is on their temple recommend or can be provided by their ward clerk.
2.Non LDS Account Registration can be done by following the sign in prompts on the Family Search website.
3. Personal Family History Information: Except for Indexing visits, please have everyone bring family names with as much information as possible. For youth, successful research visits, these names should include those ancestors born prior to 1940.
Resources and Services:
- 12 Networked Computer Stations with printer access
- 2 Microfilm Readers
- 1 Digital Camera
- 1 Microfiche reader
- 1 Printer/Scanner
- 1 Printer ONLY
- Photocopy Accessibility
Databases and Software:
- Free access to several subscription sites through the FamilySearch Portal such as Ancestry.com, British Newspapers, Find-My-Past (UK), Footnote, ArchiviaNet (Swedish), Heritage Quest, World Vital Records and others.Genealogy database software (Ancestral Quest, Family Insight, Legacy, PAF, RootsMagic)
- Charting software (PAF Companion, Legacy Charting) (on selected machines)
- Word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software such as Word and OpenOffice (on selected machines)
- Family Search Indexing
- Create A Fan
Staff Research Specialties:
Resources in the Local Area:
Online Film Ordering:
- If you know the film number you want to order, click here
- This page was last modified on 3 September 2014, at 04:09.
- This page has been accessed 1,998 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News