Cambridge, VermontEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Cambridge was charatered on August 31, 1781 by the Vermont State Legislature. Cambridge includes the villages of Jeffersonville and Cambridge. The population was 3,659 at the 2010 U.S. Census.  
Inventory of the town, village and city archives of Vermont, no. 8, Lamoille County, vol. II, Town of Cambridge - view a digital version of this document online.
The history of Cambridge, Vermont, by Winona S. Noble (1976) - find this book in a library.
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
Cambridge, Vermont Personal War Sketches, 1861-1865, are available on FamilySearch.
The probate district for Cambridge is Lamoille.
Lamoille Probate Court
154 Main St.
PO Box 570
Hyde Park, VT 05655
Phone: (802) 888-3306
- Mission of the Holy Cross (Cambridge, Vermont) Church Records, 1875-1909, are available on microfilm from the Family History Library. Order film online.
- Records of the Mission of the Holy Apostles, Cambridge, Vermont, 1858-1908, are available on microfilm at the Family History Library. Order film online.
The following is a list of major cemeteries in present-day Cambridge. For location of all cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Lamoille County, website at this link.
- East Cambridge Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Hopkins Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Mountain View Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- North Cambridge Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Garve site.
- Smilie Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- South Cambridge Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
Cambridge, Vermont Land Records, 1850-1917, can be found on FamilySearch (browse only images).
Town Clerk Vital and Town Records, 1925-1999, can be found on FamilySearch (browse only images).
The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Cambridge Town Clerk's Office. These include Town and vital records, 1785-Oct. 1999; indexes, 1772-1999, and Deeds, 1784-1850.
Cambridge Town Clerk
85 Church St.
Jeffersonville, VT 05464
Phone: (802) 644-2251
Libraries and Historical Societies
Varnum Memorial Library
PO Box 198
194 Main Street
Jeffersonville, VT 05464-0198
Phone: (802) 644-2117
Cambridge Historical Society
49 School St.
PO Box 16
Jeffersonville, VT 05464
- ↑ Cambridge, Vermont - Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambridge,_Vermont
- ↑ Cambridge, Vermont - http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vermont/LamoilleCambridge.html
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 03:38.
- This page has been accessed 586 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More