Cambridgeshire Probate Jurisdictions, Parishes S-ZEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Probate is the legal court process by which the estate of a deceased person is distributed to his or her heirs. The term probate refers to a collection of documents, including wills, administrations (also called admons), inventories, and act books.
1. Find the place where your ancestor lived in the first column.
2. Click on the court name in the second column to learn where to find the records and indexes.
3. Click on each name of the court in the third column if the record isn't found in the first court.
4. Search the records for the Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York if the record isn't found.
5. Search last the Prerogative Court of the Archbishop of Canterbury.
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 00:06.
- This page has been accessed 779 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More