Canoga Park California Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Canoga Park Family History Center is conveniently located near Topanga Blvd. & Sherman Way in the San Fernando Valley. We have seven computers which can be used to search 14 Premium Websites, including Ancestry.com, as well as many other genealogical and historical websites. We also house a collection of historical and "how to" books, as well as over 1,000 microfilms and microfiche from a variety of U.S. states and foreign countries. Microfilms and microfiche can also be ordered to view at our center where we have six film readers, including one that will print images. We have a staff of 12 Consultants who are able to help assist you in learning more about your family history, as well as computer skills.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 7045 Farralone Ave Canoga Park, CA 91303 United States
- SUMMER HOURS: June 1 - September 14, 2015
- Wednesday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm & 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Please call 661-755-0539 or email: email@example.com for additional days or hours. We are here to help and can arrange a time to meet your needs.
'August -- call us or check back here for August vacation schedule:All major Holidays, plus: 'November 23rd-27th 2015: December 14th 2015-January 4th 2016:
Calendar and Events
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Books and magazineson early Utah history. Over 100 volumes pertaining to early New England and Eastern U.S. immigration, settlement, and history. Many helpful "How-to" books, including U.S., Great Britian, and other foreign countries.
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions - including ANCESTRY.COM, and 14 other popular websites.
Hardware and Equipment
- Seven computers, four printers, one scanner, six microfilm/fiche readers, one microfilm printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Center
Volunteers are needed. It is a great way to be at the Center and learn more about FamilySearch, Family Tree, and other FamilySearch online services.
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
- This page was last modified on 30 June 2015, at 00:40.
- This page has been accessed 1,743 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News