Capel Curig, ConwyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
In the 1870s: "CAPEL-CURIG, a hamlet and a chapelry in Llandegai parish, Carnarvon. The hamlet lies on the river Llugwy, at the foot of Moel-Siabod and Snowdon, 5½ miles WSW of Llanrwst r. station. It has a post office under Conway, and a hotel; and is a polling place, and a resort for tourists and anglers. Public coaches daily pass through it. The surrounding scenery is most romantic; and the route hither to the top of Snowdon, though the most toilsome, is the best. The chapelry includes the hamlet; and is a vicarage in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £89. Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. The church is very old but good." [Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, John Marius Wilson 1870-72]
For more information on Capel Curig see Genuki - Llandegai
|before 31 March 1974||Caernarfonshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Gwynedd|
|from 1 April 1996||Conwy|
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 00:15.
- This page has been accessed 681 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News