Cardiganshire Family History SocietyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| Cardiganshire Family History Society|
Cymdeithas Hanes Teuluoedd Ceredigion
|Address||c/o Adran Casgliadau, National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23 3BU, Wales.|
|Affiliations||Association of Family History Societies of Wales; Federation of Family History Societies|
The Cardiganshire Family History Society "was formed in 1995 to encourage the study of genealogy and family history in Cardiganshire by those having family connections with the county wherever the may live ...
- Baptisms 1813-1837
- National Burial Index Project
- 1851 Census Project
- Society Journal (published three times a year)
- Collection of books and journals accessible in the Ceredigion Archives.
- New Monumental Inscription booklets
- Burial publications on microfiche
- Many other publications
Services to Society Members
- Access to the Society Journal
- Can submit surnames of their ancestors and areas where they came from to be put on a central index so members can contact those who may be researching the same surnames from the same areas.
- The Society offers a limited search service for members via an experienced volunteer officer
Benefits of Membership in Local Family History Societies
The following advantages and benefits of joining a local family history society will help you extend your pedigree and grow your knowledge and research skills:
- One of the best ways to discover other (distant) relatives, with whom to collaborate on family lines.
- Learn about events and local history which directly affected your ancestors.
- Know how/what effective search strategies and other critical approaches to employ in your research.
- Obtain numerous ideas for helping you overcome brickwalls in constructing your genealogy.
- Learn about, use, help create critical products being compiled by each society, such as transcribing or indexing churchyard, marriage, baptism, census, military, occupation, and etc records of the area or county, perhaps even helping to build data content for your parish[es] of interest (i.e.index) if desired.
- Purchase books, CDs, microfiche, or the services of knowledgeable and experienced local residents to perform "lookup" services for all those researching ancestry from remote areas around the world.
- Share/publish your ancestral surnames of interests for others to view and respond with help and assistance in various ways.
- This page was last modified on 15 August 2013, at 06:31.
- This page has been accessed 306 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More