Category:Parishes of Historic GlamorganEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Under the Local Government Act 1972, the county and administrative county of Glamorgan was abolished on April 1, 1974, with three new counties being established:
- West Glamorgan
- Mid Glamorgan
- South Glamorgan
Following further local government reorganisation, the counties of West Glamorgan, Mid Glamorgan and South Glamorgan were abolished on April 1, 1996 and:
- the former county of West Glamorgan was divided into the newly created county boroughs of Swansea and Neath Port Talbot
- the former county of Mid Glamorgan was divided into the county boroughs of Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil, Rhondda Cynon Taf and part of Caerphilly
- the former county of South Glamorgan was divided into the county of the Vale of Glamorgan and the county and city of Cardiff
Pages in category "Parishes of Historic Glamorgan"
The following 2 pages are in this category, out of 2 total.
- This page was last modified on 8 July 2013, at 13:44.
- This page has been accessed 339 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News