Caversham, Oxfordshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Henley PLU|
|Parish registers: 1597|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1639|
|Probate Court||Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and the Archdeaconry of Oxford|
|Location of Archive|
|Oxfordshire Record Office|
CAVERSHAM (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Henley, hundred of Binfield, county of Oxford, 1 mile (N.) from Reading. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Caversham, Oxfordshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BERK = Berkshire Parish Records (findmypast) - (£).|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|OFHS = Oxfordshire Family History Society - (£). Results delivered by email.|
|Caversham, Oxfordshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474572.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Oxfordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 538-542. Date accessed: 14 September 2012.
- ↑ 'New Berkshire parish records published on findmypast.co.uk,', findmypast, accessed 28 January 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Oxford, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 17 January 2014.
- ↑ 'OFHS Parish Records Date Finder,', Oxfordshire Family History Society, accessed 24 January 2014.
- This page was last modified on 25 May 2015, at 19:24.
- This page has been accessed 2,434 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News