Cedar Falls/Waterloo Iowa Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Cedar Falls/Waterloo Family History Center is located in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints meeting house in Cedar Falls, IA and serves the local surrounding communities in their quests to locate their ancestors. We have friendly staff members and many utilities waiting to help you with your search. Please feel free to visit us during our hours listed below.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 3008 Pleasant Dr Cedar Falls IA 50613 United States (mail not accepted at this address)
- For easiest access to the Family History Center, park in the north parking lot of the LDS Church, which is accessed from Garden Ave.
- Enter at the Northwest door and proceed to the end of the hallway.
- Don't be shy, just come on in.
- All visitors are always welcome!
- Wednesday:10:00am-2:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
Closed all major Holidays: Exception: If local public schools close due to weather conditions on a day the center is to be open, then the center will be closed too: "Local Closings/Cancelations - " Website mobile Website
Family Search CLASSES
17 January 2015 9:00 a.m. to noon
Handout - New Tools For Finding Your Missing Cousins (Renee Zamora)
Link to class modules - Family History Center, Riverton, UT
- Family History Library Microfilm Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Cedar Falls Waterloo FHC Microfilm List (Stored locally).
- This center also has many books and a large collection of microfiches that may be useful.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 7 Windows computers, 2 laser printers, 1 Microfilm/fisch Printer/imager, 3 Microfilm readers, 2 Microfisch readers.
Staff Research Specialists
- French - Jeanne St. Christian - Wednesday Evenings
- British - William Sharpe - Wednesday Evenings
Translate Historical German (old and new script) Documents - Ute Brandenburg
Workbook / Spreadsheet -
Using Google search against a genealogy web site - How to work with the document
Using Google search against a genealogy web site - the document
03:41, 4 February 2015 (UTC)
Blackhawk County Genealogical Web IaGenWeb
Blackhawk County GenWeb Obituary Collection IaGenWeb
Grundy Co. Funeral Homes IaGenWeb
The Northeast Iowa Genealogical Society
Cedar Falls, Iowa Historical Society
Blackhawk Historical Tour www.cedarnet.org
State Historical Society of Iowa
Ostfriesen Heritage Society, Wellsburg Public Library, 411 N. Adams Street, Wellsburg, IA 50680 Phone: (641) 869-5234. The library is closed on Sunday and Monday. email@example.com
01:22, 4 February 2015 (UTC)
The remainder of this page is UNDER CONSTRUCTION. Please be patient with us as we continue to remodel.
==== Class Schedule ====
==== Other Resources inour Local Area: ====
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
=== Links ===
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
Looking for more time to spend on your own family history as well as the opportunity to share what you know in assisting others? Join our volunteer staff! We have 3 shifts each week. They are:
Tuesdays from 10AM -2PM. Wednesdays from 10AM; 2PM, and 6-9 PM. Email - IA_CedarFallsWaterloo@ldsmail.net the center if you are interested.
01:05, 9 April 2014 (UTC)
- This page was last modified on 15 April 2015, at 20:16.
- This page has been accessed 4,815 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News