Cedar Falls/Waterloo Iowa Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Cedar Falls/Waterloo Family History Center is located in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints building in Cedar Falls, IA and serves the local & surrounding communities in their quests to locate their ancestors. We have friendly staff members and many utilities waiting to help you with your search. Please feel free to visit us during our hours listed below.
Map and Location
- The Family History Library of Cedar Falls / Waterloo is located at 3006 Pleasant Drive, Cedar Falls, IA
- 3008 Pleasant Dr Cedar Falls, IA 50613 United States
- For easiest access to the Family History Center, park in the north parking lot of the LDS Church, which is accessed from Garden Ave.
- Enter at the northeast door and proceed to the end of the hallway.Don't be shy, just come on in. All vistors are always welcome!
Phone: 1 319-266-6374
FHC Director: William Ray Sharpe - 1 319-961-4779
Center Hours of Operation
- Tuesday: 10am.- 2pm.
- Wednesday: 10am - 2pm 6pm. - 9pm.
Closed on Holidays
- Exception: If local public schools close due to weather conditions on a day the center is to be open, then the center will be closed too.
- Phone: 319-266-6374
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Cedar Falls/Waterloo FHC Microfilm List (Under construction).
- This center also has many books and a large collection of microfiches that may be useful.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 7 Windows computers, 2 laser printers, 1 Microfilm/fisch Printer/imager, 3 Microfilm readers, 2 Microfisch readers.
Staff Research Specialists
- French - Jeanne St. Christian - Wednesday Evenings
Blackhawk County Genealogical Web IaGenWeb
Blackhawk Historical Tour www.cedarnet.org
The remainder of this page is UNDER CONSTRUCTION. Please be patient with us as we continue to remodel.
==== Class Schedule ====
=== Staff Research Specialties ===
=== Resources in the Local Area ===
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
=== Links ===
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
=== Volunteer at the Center ===
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 11 March 2014, at 15:25.
- This page has been accessed 1,321 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More