Chaceley, Worcestershire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Tewkesbury|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1613|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Worcestershire Record Office|
CHASELEY, or CHACELEY, a parish in the district of Tewkesbury, and county of Worcester; on the river Severn, 3 miles SW of Tewkesbury r. station. Post town, Tewkesbury.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Chaceley parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC = Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials (Ancestry) - (£)|
|PRTS = The Parish Register Transcription Society - (£)|
|CHACELEY PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464212.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Worcestershire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.
- ↑ John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870-72. Date accessed and adapted: 04 October 2013.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1813,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1913,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Marriages, 1754-1938,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Burials, 1813-1988,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 27 September 2013.
- This page was last modified on 28 January 2016, at 03:11.
- This page has been accessed 3,271 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News