Charlotte, VermontEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Charlotte was chartered on June 24, 1762. Charlotte is approximately ten miles south of Burlington, on the shores of Lake Champlain. One of the oldest still functioning ferry crossings in America is here, with service to Essex, New York. Within the Town are the villages of Charlotte and East Charlotte and the (mostly) summer colony of Thompson's Point.  
Around the mountains: historical essays about Charlotte, Ferrisburgh, and Monkton, by William Wallace Higbee; Kathleen McKinley Harris; Mary G Lighthall (1991) - find this book in a library.
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
The probate district for Charlotte is Chittenden.
Chittenden District Probate Court
175 Main St.
PO Box 511
Burlington VT 05402
Phone: (802) 651-1518
The following is a list of major cemeteries in present-day Charlotte. For location of all cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Chittenden County, website at this link.
- Barber Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Bradley Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- East Burying Ground - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Grandview Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Morningside Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Ploof Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Quinlan-Sherman Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
Town Clerk Vital and Town Records, 1787-1897, can be found on FamilySearch (browse only images).
Charlotte Land Records, 1852-1900, can be found on FamilySearch (browse only images).
The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Charlotte Town Clerk's Office. These include Land records, 1762-1851.
Charlotte Town Clerk
159 Ferry Road
P.O. BOX 119
Charlotte, Vermont 05445
Phone: (802) 425-3071
Libraries and Historical Societies
115 Ferry Rd.
Charlotte, VT 05445
Phone: (802) 425-3864
- ↑ Charlotte, VT History, http://www.virtualvermont.com/towns/charlotte.html#about
- ↑ History of Charlotte, VT http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vermont/ChittendenCharlotte.html
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 03:38.
- This page has been accessed 725 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News