Chesham Bois, Buckinghamshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Chesham Bois, Buckinghamshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Chesham Bois, Buckinghamshire|
|Poor Law Union||Amersham|
|Parish registers: 1542; For more records see Chesham|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Diocese||Pre-1837 - Lincoln; Post-1836 - Oxford|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham|
|Location of Archive|
|Buckinghamshire Record Office|
CHESHAM-BOIS (St. Leonard), a parish, in the union of Amersham, hundred of Burnham, county of Buckingham, 1½ mile (N. E. by N.) from Amersham.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Chesham Bois parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|PRTS = The Parish Register Transcription Society - (£)|
|CHESHAM BOIS PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241213.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Buckinghamshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Chesham Bois on GENUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, Topographical Dictionary of England 1848 pp. 596-576. Date accessed and adapted 28 May 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Buckingham, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 4 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Buckinghamshire Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 28 January 2014.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 27 September 2013.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- This page was last modified on 9 November 2015, at 22:08.
- This page has been accessed 3,377 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News