Chesterton, Huntingdonshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Peterborough PLU|
|Parish registers: 1561|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1604|
|Diocese||Pre-1837 - Lincoln; Post-1836 - Ely|
|Probate Court||Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon|
|Location of Archive|
|Huntingdonshire Record Office|
Guide to Chesterton, Huntingdonshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Chesterton, is a parish in the district of Peterborough, Huntingdonshire, 2½ miles SE of Castor railway station, and 5½ miles SW of Peterborough.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Chesterton, Huntingdonshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|HUNT = Huntingdonshire Burials (findmypast) - (£)|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Chesterton, Huntingdonshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288838.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Huntingdonshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Chesterton on GENUKI
- ↑ John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales 1870-2. Date accessed: 13 August 2013.
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 18 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Huntingdonshire Burials,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 26 April 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Huntingdon, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 April 2014.
- ↑ 'National Burial Index - Huntingdonshire Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 17 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 20:53.
- This page has been accessed 1,877 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More