Choseley, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
CHOSELEY, an extra-parochial tract, in Docking district, Norfolk, 5½ miles W of Burnham-Westgate. 
Choseley is an extra-parochial place. Search surrounding parishes for records and information.
England Jurisdictions 1851 enables a search of contiguous parishes, click options tab.
Choseley is a tiny hamlet and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. It is situated between the villages of Titchwell and Docking and about 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) from each. The town of Fakenham is 20 km (12 mi) to the south-east, the town of King's Lynn is 25 km (16 mi) to the south-west, and the city of Norwich is 60 km (37 mi) to the south-east.
For the purposes of local government, the parish falls within the district of King's Lynn and West Norfolk.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
a. Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438865. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Index for the Census may be searched at FamilySearch Historical Records
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Choseley on GenUKI
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- This page was last modified on 5 March 2014, at 00:04.
- This page has been accessed 441 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More