Cilrhedyn, Carmarthenshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
A guide to genealogy in Cilrhedyn, with information on where to find birth, baptism, marriage, death and burial records; census records; wills; cemeteries; maps; etc.
KÎLRHEDYN (CÎL-RHEDYN), a parish, in the union of NEWCASTLE-EMLYN, partly in the hundred of ELVET, county of CARMARTHEN, and partly in that of KILGERRAN, county of PEMBROKE, SOUTH WALES, 5 miles (S.W.) from Newcastle-Emlyn. This place is situated on the Star road leading from Carmarthen to Cardigan. The parish, the greater part of which is in Carmarthenshire, is intersected by the small river Cych, which here forms the boundary line between the two counties. The river Pedran winds through the lands, which are in some places low and flat, and in others hilly, ornamented occasionally with oak and other timber. The church is situated in the county of Pembroke, and dedicated to St. Teilo. There are places of worship for Independents, Baptists, and Presbyterians. 
For more information on Cilrhedyn see Cilrhedyn at Genuki.
|before 31 March 1974||Carmarthenshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Dyfed|
|from 1 April 1996||Carmarthenshire|
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. To view these census images online, they are available through a number of websites for a fee ($) or free.
- FamilySearch now has all of the British Censuses available.
- findmypast ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Poor Law Union Records
Maps and Gazetteers
- Cilrhedyn at Vision of Britain.
- This page was last modified on 4 February 2015, at 18:29.
- This page has been accessed 915 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More