Clearwater County, MinnesotaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Clearwater County Minnesota genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Clearwater County, Minnesota|
Location in the state of Minnesota
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||December 20, 1902|
|Address|| Clearwater County Courthouse|
213 Main Avenue North
Bagley, MN 56621
Clearwater County Website
County Recorder has birth, marriage, death and land records
and military records from 1903.
Court Administrator has divorce probate, court and naturalization records. 
- 1902--Clearwater County was created 20 December 1902 from Beltrami County. County seat: Bagley 
- For a brief history of how Clearwater County was named, click here, then select Clearwater County.
Bear Creek Township | Clover Township | Copley Township | Dudley Township | Eddy Township | Falk Township | Greenwood Township | Hangaard Township | Holst Township | Itasca Township | La Prairie Township | Leon Township | Minerva Township | Moose Creek Township | Nora Township | Pine Lake Township | Popple Township | Rice Township | Shevlin Township | Sinclair Township | Winsor Township
Elbow Lake | Rice Lake
North Clearwater | South Clearwater
Most church records are held by individual churches. For contact information, check a phone directory, such as SearchBug or Dex Knows. Some denominations are gathering their records into a central repository. For more information about these major repositories, see Minnesota Church Records.
- Clearwater County District Court -- Naturalization Records
The county register of deeds keeps land records once the land was transferred to private ownership. Abstracts and indexes for these records are generally available at the county courthouse.
Land records for Minnesota are listed in the Place Search of the Family History Library Catalog under:
MINNESOTA, Clearwater – LAND AND PROPERTY
Local histories are available for Clearwater County, Minnesota. County histories may include biographies, church, school and government history, and military information. For more information about local histories, see the wiki page section Minnesota Local Histories.
Additional newspapers abstracts can sometimes be found using search phrases such as Clearwater County, Minnesota newspapers in online catalogs like:
Probate records may include, wills, bonds, petitions, accounts, inventories, administrations, orders, decrees, and distributions. They may include the decedent’s date of death, names of his or her spouse, children, parents, siblings, in-laws, etc. See Minnesota Probate Records for additional information.
Societies and Libraries
- Clearwater County Historical Society
P.O. Box 241
Bagley, MN 56621
Family History Centers
- Clearwater County, MN Genealogy Forum (GenForum)
- Family History Library Catalog
- Clearwater County GenWeb
- Cyndi's List: Clearwater County
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Clearwater County, Minnesota page 363, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- This page was last modified on 16 August 2013, at 16:23.
- This page has been accessed 4,849 times.
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on two US state pages by clicking on the purple button belowClick Here