Colombia Archives and LibrariesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Archivo General de la Nación (AGN)
The General Archive of Colombia is located in Bogotá. It is responsible for preserving and disseminating the documentary heritage of Colombia. To visit their website, click here. (It has a link to view the webpage in English.)
Biblioteca Nacional de Colombia
Opened on January 9, 1777, the National Library of Colombia is the oldest library of its kind in America. It also includes a link to read it in English and contains a digital library. To visit the website, click here.
Biblioteca Luis Ángel Arango (BLAA)
The Luis Angel Arango Library (BLAA), headquartered in Bogotá with branches in 17 places throughout the country, can be seen by clicking here. It has a section called BLAA Digital, where you can read books online.
Other Major Libraries
- Biblioteca Digital Andina: A digital library containing records from Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Perú, and Venezuela.
- Universidad de los Andes: Library system of one of the largest universities in Colombia.
- Universidad EAFIT: Library of EAFIT University in Medellín, Colombia.
- Biblioteca Pública Piloto de Medellín para América Latina: Public Library of Medellín.
- This page was last modified on 2 July 2012, at 03:06.
- This page has been accessed 1,211 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More