Community Wiki Support Meeting 16 August 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 9:30 am. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
Updates and follow up
Maintenance report - Sandra
- Patrolling Recent changes - reports from last week's assignment to see if there is sufficient time in patrolling to patrol the namespaces in recent changes.
- It looks like there might be time. If we had one person who patrolled Recent Changes in the evenings, it could be kept up.
- When two people are on a phone shift and patrolling, it should be easier to get the patrolling covered.
- Sample of the image upload page has been sent for evaluation, to Sally Benedict.
- Navigation changes on right side of the page should be made within the next month. The phone number could be added.
Improve the Wiki
- Discussion concerning the appropriate topics for the Wiki. There are problems with personal genealogy information being added in the Wiki.
- It was suggested that the box on the top of a new page could be enhanced to be noticed more readily and verbage added to remind people that personal genealogy is not appropriate in the Wiki, with a link to the Wiki Purpose page. This will be added to the Tech meeting agenda.
The template giving the phone number for help could be put on many pages in the Wiki. Should it be added to Help pages, as well as other pages. Template:call support.
- This page was last modified on 16 August 2012, at 16:22.
- This page has been accessed 413 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More