Community Wiki Support Meeting 20 June 2013Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 '9:30' am. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
- THE WHOLE TEAM. All the work I see is so good and I love how the red pages are going away ion many pages. Sister Pond
- Mark on Somerset England articles - adding personal knowledge
- Lee and Robin - on Janell's vacation.
- Whole Team - for working together and in such a way to keep things going.
- Whole Team - answering Mark's questions
- Lee - Time spent on FHL template training
- Howard - Connecticut adpot- a-page badges are up
Priority items for this meeting:
- Goal for this item:
- Steps to achieve this goal:
- Assignments and dates of completion:
- Evaluation date:
Updates and follow up
- Discuss Namespace training next week
- Maintenance Report - All is going well. The out of date sections are down by half in the last 3 months. And we are keeping the many other to 0 or at least no gains. Thanks Sandra
- Review of Individual Assignments
- Evaluation of goals set from previous meetings:
- Blogs to follow, etc. - Lee
- AC - hold off for the new wifi router; increasing in bandwidth (100X more)
- Bandwith - amount of speed and how much data you can receive without interruptions. Bandwidth speed test: http://www.speedtest.net/
Worked on this Week
|Blake -|| |
|Charles - District missionaries to FHC- overview of FS Wiki, how to research; ; Offer to assist missionaries; Lee: work with youth before they come out; developing Thurston County, Washington article|| |
|Dennis - County location maps for Georiga; Washington/ Maine needs maps, patrolling;|| |
|Howard - Welcoming, adopt-a-page, patrolling, helping share resources with newbies (5) http://histfam.familysearch.org, with missionaries, Uses FS pass-along card from online store|| |
|Janell -|| |
|LaVera - Patrolling, Amdocs cases, Welcomed 8 new people, editing help pages|| |
|Lee - Training, Coding, Templates, Putting out Fires, More Fires|| |
|Mark - Amdocs, patrolling, Project pages not getting categories on new pages - Switzerland, Somerset - improving articles|| |
|Rick -|| |
|Robin - Working with FHL Consultants, New volunteer assignments (also giving access to G+ Community and Skype). First youth contributor|| |
|Rorie - 35 Wanted pages Working on new training|| |
|Sandra -: Great meeting with Mark. He is really getting it and going out and creating many new pages. I am working on adding and changing Categories. One is a Extinct Counties Category on all state pages and it is being linked to all the counties pages that are Extinct Counties in the U S, plus the regular.|| |
- Categories - write to others on their Talk Pages to let them know about categories
How Categories are organized: By Topic Search:
- Namespace- like filing cabinet. Example: Help:Contributor Help
If no prefix then it is part of the Main.Do a search for articles on Namespaces.
Default search: Main, Help, FamilySearch Wiki (preferences can be changed)
Search in Wiki is determined by Namespace. Default search is Main Namespace
(For video see Skype Chat)
- Produces this on the page:
- Here's the link to the item in the catalog:
Improve the Wiki
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 17:15.
- This page has been accessed 1,171 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News