Community Wiki Support Meeting 30 January 2014Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
WebEx ID: 997 636 893; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: Local / International: 1-801-240-9700 U.S. Toll-Free: 1-855-537-4000; 9:00' am. Mountain time on Thursdays'
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
Kudos go to ...
Priority items for this meeting:
- Diana -- wiki pass along cards? I need to be early, because I have to leave for an appointment at 10. It will just take me a minute or so. Thanks!
- has made business cards (Kinkos)and if you want some, she needs mailing addresses. Due to privacy issues, send address via Skype.
- Yammer/Skype/chatter - too many when you add in home, church, mission emails - there are too many
- Yammer is likely going to take over (per Guisseppe). Skype works fast (instant messages), but not searchable, yet can set notifications to get emails in Yammer. We might need to have training on Yammer. (Guis. willing to teach - next meeting (Two weeks from now - next week cancelled due to Roots Tech)
- Roots Tech - online available. [no Wiki missionaries @ this meeting attending in person.]
- Roots Tech 15 sessions to be broadcast online.
- Salesforce /salesforce community. Research group on Facebook might likely go to SF Community - there we can invite the world to join us. (Chatter works just for missionaries.
- Article on FamilySearch blog about help wanted on the Wiki.
Updates and follow up
Charles has in Lesson 7 - a way to practice HTML on the net (avoids our editing reverting to Wikitext)
Let's remember to learn ABOUT our ancesters...their lives and stories, not just names and dates.
- Needed training:
- Training/new missionaries & Volunteers
- Maintenance Report - Sandra
- Tech updates
- Tech updates
- Questions from HTML 5 Class (Mondays at 12PM Mountain):
Patrolling and Amdocs Review
- Did you see anything while patrolling this past week that would be interesting to discuss with the team?
- See what is being touched.
- Catch potenial attacks
- What did you learn this week that you want to share?
- What do you need help with?
- Do you have questions or suggestions regarding others are working on?
- Moderator Support report
Myra will report for Moderator Committee and get feedback on enrichment for intermediate moderators. We need volunteers for this committee.
For next week:
- New Contributor Support report:
|Team Member||Support Assignments||Content Project||User Name|
|Blake||Volunteers, Overviews, Graphics|
|Charles||Non-English wiki, FHC Pages||Thurston County - FamilySearch Catalog, York County||Ccsmith|
|LaVera||Welcoming Committe new people, Categories||Help pages project-slow but steady.||Parrisl|
|Lee||Developing Training - Non-English, Tech||Non-English, Tech Training, SF Development||Ldrew|
|Linda||New volunteers||Submit Content to the Wiki||Lindachappell|
|Robin||Volunteers, Moderators, Training Lessons for New Volunteers||South Carolina Moderator, contributing to African American Research and Columbia, South Carolina||SavingStories|
|Rorie||New Missionary Training, Special Projects||Idaho & Native American Moderator||Jenson1|
Supervisor Training or Updates
- Main page - has many links - some not important - changes proposed - Something more organized. Picture, link, and the new page gives more details. At least reduce to just four. FS itself has changed the top bar to include drop down menus for FT, Memories, Search
- Reviews his screen and his mockup - Main page looks discussion continues
Improve the Wiki
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 17:15.
- This page has been accessed 520 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More