Community Wiki Support Meeting 3 April 2014Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
WebEx ID: 997 636 893; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: Local / International: 1-801-240-9700 U.S. Toll-Free: 1-855-537-4000; 10:00' am. Mountain time on Thursdays'
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
Kudos go to
Charles has done such a wonderful job on HTML and Wikitext lessons for our Missionaries. LaVera for Salesforce work
Priority items for this meeting:
New meeting time today - Issue with spam on Wiki brought to our attention.
- FamilySearch Wiki:Spam please review links -user Sgr2000 might not be aware that what he has been adding might be of issue
Clarification of differences of meetings-
- Support is "bells and whistles" of the Wiki- maintenance, what goes on behind the scenes.
- Contributors is related to content of the pages of the Wiki- adding and editing
- Missionary meetings held earlier on Thurs (missionaries experiences, spiritual thoughts)
- Wilma's content missionaries will join missionary support missionaries once a month
- Her group all sit in SLC (one place)
- Team Lead meetings held (Mondays)
- Community Councils held weekly
- Agenda for Missionary meetings will be put in Yammer notes
Updates and follow up
- Needed training:
- Training/new missionaries Volunteers
- Elder and Sister Heeder will be starting their Wiki Training on Monday
- Am in the process of setting up time to start work with Elder Chrispim
- Robin inviting James and Jim to email her if interesting in getting more involved with the Wiki Support team and learning more of what we do.
- Maintenance Report - Sandra
- Tech updates
- Tech updates
Patrolling and Salesforce Review
- Did you see anything while patrolling this past week that would be interesting to discuss with the team?
- See what is being touched.
- Catch potential attacks
- Catch potential attacks
- Michigan in the Civil War broken links-LaVera
LaVera's been requested to write out directions on how to fix dead links on these pages - Charles asked her to write out directions and share with group (on Yammer so we can easily access)
- British Census Template-LaVera
If you see a British census record area being edited while patrolling..look for a. before the paragraph. If you see that - go to Template:British Census and replace
- What did you learn this week that you want to share?
- What do you need help with?
- Do you have questions or suggestions regarding others are working on?
- Moderator Support report
For next week:
- New Contributor Support report:
Jim shared his page(s) - found one million bytes is the max for our pages alphabetical list worked on with nice graphics (for lack of a better word)
|Team Member||Support Assignments||Content Project||User Name|
|Blake||Volunteers, Overviews, Graphics||Tbreynaud|
|Charles||Non-English wiki, FHC Pages||Thurston County - FamilySearch Catalog, York County||Ccsmith|
|Diana||Adoption Committee||Colorado, Kentucky||Diana47judy|
|LaVera||Welcoming Committe new people, Categories||Help pages project-slow but steady.||Parrisl|
|Lee||Developing Training - Non-English, Tech||Non-English, Tech Training, SF Development||Ldrew|
|Linda||New volunteers||Submit Wiki Content||Lindachappell|
|Robin||Volunteers, Moderators, Training Lessons for New Volunteers||South Carolina Moderator, contributing to African American Research and Columbia, South Carolina||SavingStories|
Supervisor Training or Updates
Danielle B. will be taking over content of main page (as she has time allotted from her supervisor) - particularly regarding area for new users
Charles has been working on the looks of the main page with the widening of the pages expected to occur in the near future
Giuseppe shows group the new width - as an example
Improve the Wiki
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 17:14.
- This page has been accessed 530 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News