Community Wiki Support Meeting 6 March 2014Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
WebEx ID: 997 636 893; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: Local / International: 1-801-240-9700 U.S. Toll-Free: 1-855-537-4000; 9:00' am. Mountain time on Thursdays'
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
Kudos go to ...
Sandra for working on county seat pages
Priority items for this meeting:
- Who will volunteer for this:
Please search the wiki for the phone number for: 866-234-2067 (Research Help) and change all instances of that number to Research Help: 866-206-1830 --- try multiple ways to search.
- SalesForce uploads needing to be approved as soon as they submit (fs.org emails):
(They are trying to add maps to the Wiki)
- If you have Salesforce, log in regularly to keep the account current.
- When approving images, make sure that there is permission for copyright if necessary
- If you get InContact - sign in regularly, even if you don't "use" it.
Updates and follow up
- Needed training:
- Training/new missionaries & Volunteers
- Maintenance Report - Sandra
Sandra is working on county seat pages - Robin, Sandy, Barbara, Charles will volunteer to put information on these pages so that the pages aren't "empty"
- Robin - please remember to not duplicate information that is already on the county pages.
- Tech updates
- Tech updates
Wiki will be moving to a new server at some point in 2014 to help resolve the fact that the current FS Server is filling up, (causing it to crash several times a month)
- tells group that we will be getting a new editing tool soon
- SEO (what search engines look for) needs to be above breadcrumbs. The new Wiki version will have this in the code. Don't stress about it now, as something is in the works that will change this
- Wiki needs to be more friendly. We are support missionaries, not content missionaries. We can make suggestions on how to make more friendly. Let Giuseppe know if you want to work with content missionaries on making it friendlier/more user friendly.
- Charles will work on the technical side, Myra on the user side of this. Others are welcome to join in on this project.
- another goal is to let each group know what the others are doing. - what other groups are out there [ie content missionaries, support, engineering, etc]
- ?adopters- what is the progress. Diana has not contacted anyone yet- but working on it. [Trying to update who is current and who has dropped out.]
Patrolling and Amdocs Review
- Did you see anything while patrolling this past week that would be interesting to discuss with the team?
- See what is being touched.
Interesting use of tabs on this wiki page San_Diego_California_FamilySearch_Library
How best to deal with this one? (Diana) File:Earliest Birth and Death Records on File in Colorado County Offices.pdf
- Catch potential attacks
- What did you learn this week that you want to share?
- What do you need help with?
- Do you have questions or suggestions regarding others are working on?
- Moderator Support report
For next week:
- New Contributor Support report:
|Team Member||Support Assignments||Content Project||User Name|
|Blake||Volunteers, Overviews, Graphics|
|Charles||Non-English wiki, FHC Pages||HTML classes, Tech problems||Ccsmith|
|LaVera||Welcoming Committe new people, Categories||Help pages project-slow but steady.||Parrisl|
|Lee||Developing Training - Non-English, Tech||Non-English, Tech Training, SF Development||Ldrew|
|Linda||New volunteers||Submit Content to the Wiki||Lindachappell|
|Robin||Volunteers, Moderators, Training Lessons for New Volunteers||South Carolina Moderator, contributing to African American Research and Columbia, South Carolina||SavingStories|
Supervisor Training or Updates
Improve the Wiki
- This page was last modified on 6 March 2014, at 17:34.
- This page has been accessed 399 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More