Community Wiki Support Meeting 9 January 2014Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
WebEx ID: 997 636 893; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: Local / International: 1-801-240-9700 U.S. Toll-Free: 1-855-537-4000; 9:00' am. Mountain time on Thursdays'
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
Kudos go to ...
Charles. for showing image entry in image placement in HTML class, useful already.
Ruth Heeder - Ruth tells us she has been with FS about a year and transferred here to the Wiki. Her husband is putting in his papers to serve with the Wiki as well
Priority items for this meeting:
1st Quarter 2014 Prayer-Thought assignments
Chappell Linda 9-Jan
Foster Robin 16-Jan
Gardner Marilyn 23-Jan
Harris Myra 30-Jan
Heeder Ruth 6-Feb
Long Rick 13-Feb
Ornstead Diana 20-Feb
Parris LaVera 27-Feb
Reneau Blake 6-Mar
Rogers Barbara 13-Mar
Smith Charles 20-Mar
Yandle Mark 27-Mar
Updates and follow up
- Need news ideas that pertain to the Wiki for new Wiki news article:~
- Submit articles to Wiki
- French Wiki going well - want Poland and German pages put in French
- Romanian pages
- Update from New Missionaries, training, assistance needed
Start HTML class after current one over as tough to even start at lesson two
- Ruth can join next class which should start in a few weeks
What community projects are going on? (Let Robin know)
- We might hear through the grapevine or in our patrolling (FHC's etc.)
- From Skype:
- (Charles asks) I would like you to think of a resolution you would like to personally make for the coming year in relation to your mission. Will also talk about what we would like to accomplish as a group of missionaries this year.
- His ward made a resolution to create a spiritual ward by doing temple work - what can our group chose.
- Robin suggested contacting a certain number of new contributors and get them help. We need to keep them connected, get them used to reading their talk pages. So many don't even have them. Perhaps we can tell them that the team will make them a talk page (and perhaps their sandbox page). active users
- Discussion - That sounds like a project , not necessarily a goal.
Personal Wiki Resolutions -Perhaps there is a more personal goal each of us can work towards - if so - Skype Charles. Write it down to stay focused. "What would YOU like to do to enhance the Wiki during 2014." Mark mentioned when you verbalize a goal its more realistic it will happen. Also, when you share it with others. ( a suggestion is find translator for a new language and change page.)
- Robin's goal- Working with the team to contact active contributors and help them develop User pages, Talk pages, etc
- Charles wants to make lesson material.
- (Charles) needs skype name, email, and phone number for each missionary
- (Linda) Timesheet..the word SalesForce should be added to line "Amdocs/phones/patrolling"? Discussion - Put everything that is not Salesforce/Amdocs or patrolling under Projects - FYI per Robin: Submit info to Wiki is a project
Follow-up from Last week:
- If you find extra large categories (1000 plus), let Sandra know - we need to keep them manageable
- Charles should have Dec hours. Get a new hours spreadsheet for 2014 if you haven't already
- Anomalies page
From Sandra: Answer about the page SearchAndReplace Anomalies this was a page created in 2011 at the same time we had over 800 broken links caused by a major change over in the Wiki from alpha to beta. At that time a computer programmer created this page I believe it was put in the wrong place. It is a list for very high level experts to work on. Lynda Avery and I both will NOT work on it. The items it shows us doing had connection to other pages and those changes were transferred to this page when we did those pages. I am trying to remove both duplicates and uncreated pages but that is the only items I feel OK with. Fran Jensen ask the creator about this page on his talk page back in 2011 https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/User:JensenFA. I moved this page to another location. ---FamilySearch Wiki:SearchAndReplace Anomalies this moves it out of the main pages and into our control more.
4. Tues. Devotional - can Janell or Giuseppe get us a link? We will ask Giuseppe when he returns next week - Robin
- tabled til next week
5. Google doc on Help (LaVera's project) Can you please review (LaVera).
- When updating a HELP page, please update the google.doc
- skype Lavera with email address so she can share it with you
6. Robin? Meet with Linda on Monday (Jan 6th) to make 2014 page for 'Submit Info to Wiki' <DONE>
7. Schedule meeting for late Jan for 3 committees' members. (New volunteers, contributors, moderators) - Will do next week - Robin
- tenatively now Feb 10th, 2nd Monday in Feb
8. New missionaries - have you found something specifically of interest to you? Please post above table at end of agenda.
- Needed training:
- Maintenance Report - Sandra
- Tech updates
- Training/new missionaries; Volunteers
- Welcome to attend the tech meetings meeting number 993 776 346
- Questions from HTML 5 Class (Mondays at 12PM Mountain): ;
- Follow updates about RootsTech 2014 on the mobile app, Flipboard.
- Get the app for Flipboard at that link
- Family Tree Portrait Pedigree
- Reminder - Clean cookies daily for every missionary
Patrolling and Amdocs Review
- Did you see anything while patrolling this past week that would be interesting to discuss with the team?
- See what is being touched.
- Barbara noticed this user working on English pages
The question we have is not on his work, but on the pages whose titles are just one word long i.e. Murton, Mytholmroyd, Nethethong, Newton
(these don't have a county or state listed, yet there are breadcrumbs) Can you explain to us how England divides their "cities" "counties" "states" like we have in the USA?
- We leave these alone. The Community Council is dealing with this question.
- Catch potenial attacks
Help with putting common errors you all see in editing and how to fix them on User:Ccsmith/sandbox/Common Wiki Fixes for all of us. We sometimes only see an error once in a while and can't remember what we did to fix it in the pass. We need one place we can go to find this help.
- Wilma suggests using headings of Problem-Cause-Fix
- What did you learn this week that you want to share?
- What do you need help with?
- Do you have questions or suggestions regarding others are working on?
Submit Information to the Wiki: Does this seem to make any sense? - it came into "Submit info to the Wiki" - I wonder if anyone finds validity in it. I know there is a page which, among other things, has suggestions for finding mother's maiden names. ~ Linda C
first son named after the father's father
second son after the mother's father
third son after the father
fourth son after the father's eldest brother
- Robin suggests email to patron to see what the request really is
- Locality & topics Overview - Robin
- per Robin, this is currently the only way to figure out what is going on and what is needed on locations. We are using it as a safeguard
- Please have all these pages you sign up for on your watchlist
- Click on any email that comes in regarding watch pages or you will loose the watch. YOU must be signed into FS or it won't take.
|Team Member||Support Assignments||Content Project|
|Blake||Volunteers, Overviews, Graphics|
|Charles||Non-English wiki, FHC Pages||Thurston County - FamilySearch Catalog, York County|
|LaVera||Welcoming Committe new people, Categories||Help pages project-slow but steady.|
|Lee||Developing Training - Non-English, Tech||Non-English, Tech Training, SF Development|
|Linda||New volunteers||Submit Content to the Wiki|
|Robin|| Volunteers, Moderators, Training Lessons for New Volunteers
||South Carolina Moderator, contributing to African American Research and Columbia, South Carolina|
|Rorie||New Missionary Training, Special Projects||Idaho & Native American Moderator|
Supervisor Training or Updates
Improve the Wiki
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 17:14.
- This page has been accessed 1,009 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More