Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of BarnstapleEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
A general explanation of probate records in England, is given in the article England Probate Records.
Step By Step
Follow these steps to look for a probate record before 1858:
1. Discover when and where your ancestor died. If you don’t know, use the approximate date and place where they lived.
2. Go to the Court Jurisdictions section below.
3. Click a letter or span of letters for your place. This opens an article showing a table of places and the courts that had jurisdiction over them.
4. Follow the steps at the top of the table to search for a will.
Printed and Published Indexes
Family History Library Records
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 00:02.
- This page has been accessed 818 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News