Court of the Dean and Chapter of WorcesterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Worcestershire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
Indexes - Chronological List 1668-1788 (includes parishes of Berrow, Norton near Kempsey, Kempsey, Stoulton, Wolverley, St Michael in Bedwardine, College Precincts, Tibberton.)
Indexes are included also with the original records and the microfilmed records. Click on the links above.
The original records are deposited at:
The Worcestershire Record Office
Tel: 44 (0)1905 766351 / 766355
Fax: 44 (0)1905 766363
Wills and administrations, 1441-1642
Original wills and administrations, 1668-1788 (each peculiar filed separately)
Family History Library Records
This court had jurisdiction over the following peculiar parishes:
- This page was last modified on 16 December 2011, at 23:59.
- This page has been accessed 537 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback