Court of the Peculiar of BramptonEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step by Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court. Also see "Family History Library Records."
3. Contact or visit Huntingdon Library and Archives or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
The Family History Library has Index to wills, pre-1660, compiled by W. M. Noble. It was printed in the Index Library (British Record Society): volume 42 page 217 . Only three wills are listed for this peculiar: 1549 Peter Hands; 1658 Eliz. Coulson; and 1659 Margt. Chapman.
An index to probate documents, 1549-1859, is published in the Transactions of the Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire Archaeological Society, 942.5 C4ch v. 5-6 1936-1940 volume 3 pages 79-96. probate documents It includes all peculiars in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdonshire but it is not clear if all years and types of probate material is included.
The records for this court are housed in the Huntingdon Library and Archives.
Family History Library Records
The Family History Library has the following records. Films can be viewed in the library or in a family history center.
- Original wills, 1549-1855, on film number 187891.They are arranged chronologically. There is no index. The indent slips show the name and year.
- Administrations (admons), 1762-1854, on film number 187892.They are arranged chronologically. There are no document for some years. The indent slips have the name and the year.
- This page was last modified on 7 May 2013, at 15:59.
- This page has been accessed 1,120 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News