Court of the Peculiar of GillinghamEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This court is a royal peculiar.
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to the "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Wiltshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
Address Wiltshire and Swindon Archives, Cocklebury Road, Chippenham, SN15 3QN
Telephone (01249) 705500
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Microfilm of original at Wiltshire County Record Office.
Family History Library Records
Church of England. Royal Peculiar Court (Gillingham) Miscellaneous testamentary documents, 1609-1794 Probate 1609-1794
This jurisdiction extended to the parishes of Gillingham (including the chapelries of Milton on Stour and Bourton) and Mortcombe, Dorset
- This page was last modified on 16 November 2011, at 16:17.
- This page has been accessed 1,300 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News