Court of the Peculiar of King's CollegeEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step by Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to the "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court. Also see "Family History Library Records."
3. Contact or visit the King's College Archives, Cambridge University or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed or Published Indexes
Indexes may be included with the original records. No other indexes are known to exist.
The records are deposited at the King's College Archives, Cambridge. They include copies of 121 probate records and 72 administrations for the years 1449-1794, recorded in college ledger books; no originals survive.
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Family History Library Records
This court had jurisdiction in the precincts of King's College Cambridge only.
- This page was last modified on 12 June 2015, at 02:19.
- This page has been accessed 630 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News