Court of the Peculiar of Milton AbbasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The jurisdiction of this court covers the parishes of Milton Abbas & Wooland. According to Wills and their Whereabouts by Anthony J. Camp, some wills were proved in the Archdeaconry Court of Dorset.
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court. Also see "Family History Library Records."
3. Contact or visit the The Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
A calendar of wills and administrations relating to the county of Dorset in the several peculiars, 1660-1799, all now preserved at the probate registry, Blandford 1660-1799
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Family History Library Records
Church of England. Peculiar Court of Milton-Abbas (Dorsetshire) Probate records 1683-1811
Parishes of Milton Abbas & Woolland. Some wills were proved in the Archdeaconry Court of Dorset.
- This page was last modified on 7 January 2011, at 07:31.
- This page has been accessed 545 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback