Court of the Peculiar of the Manor of MerevaleEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records " (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court. Also see "Family History Library Records."
3. Contact or visit The Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland or hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any center near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
Card indexes to probate inventories, ca. 1500-1800, held in the Leicestershire Record Office
Leicester Record Office
Microreproduction of original records housed in the Leicester Record Office
The Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland Address: Long Street, Wigston Magna, Leicester, LE18 2AH Telephone: 0116 257 1080. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Their website is here.
Family History Library Records
The Manor of Merevale was partly in Leicestershire and partly in Warwickshire.
- This page was last modified on 2 February 2015, at 23:32.
- This page has been accessed 584 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More