Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of ThockringtonEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
England Northumberland Northumberland Probate Records
A general explanation of probate records in England, is given in the article England Probate Records.Click to read definitions of the words peculiar and prebend.
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Herefordshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
University of York
York, YO10 5DD
Telephone: +44 (0)1904 321166
Leaflets about probate records can be found on the Institute's site.
Family History Library Records
- This page was last modified on 7 May 2013, at 15:59.
- This page has been accessed 362 times.
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on two US state pages by clicking on the purple button belowClick Here