Court of the Peculiar of the Prebendal of Bishop NortonEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step by Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Herefordshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
The Family History Library has Index to records of Lincoln Peculiar Courts on film 199985. Films can be viewed in the library or in a family history center. The courts on the film include courts whose jurisdictions cover Northamptonshire, Rutlandshire and Bedfordshire in addition to Lincolnshire.
The original records are in the collection of the Lincolnshire Archives Office.
Family History Library Records
The Family History Library has a film copy of wills and administrations, 1613-1814, on film 200097. "A" through "W" names. The indent slips at the beginning of each will shows the name, date, residence and occupation or status. The pages are in fairly good condition. Some are written in old English. Some inventories are included. The will for John Clark is at the end of the film after "W". Films can be view in the library or in a family history center.
Bishop North including Atterby and Spital in the Street.
- This page was last modified on 2 February 2015, at 23:34.
- This page has been accessed 952 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More