Court of the Peculiar of the Prebendal of CorringhamEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step by Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Herefordshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
The Family History Library has Index to records of Lincoln Peculiar Courts, 1610-1827, on film 199985. The film covers the peculiars of Caistor, Louth, Heydour, Corringham, Bishop Norton, Kirton in Lindsey, Gretton, Empingham, Biggleswade and Sleaford or Lafford. The courts on the film include courts whose jurisdictions cover Northamptonshire, Rutlandshire and Bedfordshire in addition to Lincolnshire.The years for Corringham are 1632-1833, pages 53-59.
The original records are in the collection of the Lincolnshire Archives Office.
Family History Library Records
The Family History Library as wills and administrations, 1632-1833, on film number 200100. Films can be view in the library or in a family history center. Indent slips have name, date and residence. Includes some inventories. Some are written in old English.Some pages are dark and may need a magnifying glass to read but most are in fair condition.
Corringham with the hamlets of Aisby, Little Corringhan, Dunstall, Huckerby, Somerby and Yawthorpe.
- This page was last modified on 2 February 2015, at 23:33.
- This page has been accessed 1,017 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More