Court of the Prebendal Peculiar of Chardstock and WambrookEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This peculiar court is a prebend of Salisbury Cathedral.
Step by Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what original probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Wiltshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
Wills at Salisbury 1464-1858 Index
Church of England. Prebendal Court (Chardstock) Index to wills, 1639-1799 Family History Library
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Family History Library Records
Jurisdiction extended to the Dorset parishes of Chardstock (trnasferred to Devon, 1896) and Wambrook (trnasferred to Somerset, 1896). The Court was inhibited by the Dean of Salisbury for six months in every three years.
- This page was last modified on 13 January 2016, at 01:14.
- This page has been accessed 1,460 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News