Court of the Prebendal Peculiar of FordingtonEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This court is a prebend of Salisbury Cathedral.
Step by Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Wiltshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
Church of England. Prebendal Court (Fordington and Writhlington) index to wills, 1660-1799 Index
Address Wiltshire and Swindon Archives, Cocklebury Road, Chippenham, SN15 3QN
Telephone (01249) 705500
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Microfilm of original at Wiltshire County Record Office.
Family History Library Records
Church of England. Prebendal Court (Fordington and Writhlington) Original wills, 1660-1857 Records
Jurisdiction includes Fordington in Dorset, and Writhlington in Somerset. It was inhibited for six months every three years by the Dean of Salisbury
- This page was last modified on 16 November 2011, at 16:16.
- This page has been accessed 528 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More