Court of the Prebendal Peculiar of NetherburyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Dorset Probate Records This court is a prebend of Salisbury Cathedral.
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to the "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Wiltshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
Church of England. Prebendal Court (Netherbury in Ecclesia) Index to Wills 1608-1799
Address Wiltshire and Swindon Archives, Cocklebury Road, Chippenham, SN15 3QN
Telephone (01249) 705500
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Microfilm of original at Wiltshire County Record Office
Family History Library
Index to wills, 1608-1799 Church of England. Prebendal Court (Netherbury in Ecclesia) Original Wills 1608-1857
This jurisdiction extended to the parishes of Netherbury and Beaminster, Dorset. The Court was inhibited for six months in every three years by the Dean of Salisbury
- This page was last modified on 16 November 2011, at 18:47.
- This page has been accessed 1,116 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More