Court of the Prebendal Peculiar of Preston and Sutton PoyntzEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step by Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Wiltshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
Church of England. Prebendal Court (Preston) and Sutton Poyntz Indexes
Address Wiltshire and Swindon Archives, Cocklebury Road, Chippenham, SN15 3QN
Telephone (01249) 705500
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Family History Library
Church of England. Prebendal Court (Preston) and Sutton Poyntz Court
This Jurisdiction extended to the parishes of Preston and Sutton Poyntz, Dorset. The Court was inhibited by the Dean of Salisbury for six months in every three years.
- This page was last modified on 23 December 2011, at 14:30.
- This page has been accessed 499 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback