Crown East, Worcestershire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Crown East, Worcestershire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Crown East; A licence for the performance of divine service in the chapel at Crown East was recorded on 26 Oct 1876. (The chapel) came within Worcester, St John. See also Cotheridge with Crown East Parish Church. St Thomas, at the junction of the A44 and Crown East Lane, [Approval of Church Commissioners to the church of St Thomas, Crown East being a parish church.- 3 Feb 1977]. St Thomas currently serves the parish of Crown East and Rushwick. [Copy Order in Council creating the new parish of Cotheridge and altering the name of the parish of Cotheridge with Crown East to 'Crown East and Rushwick'. - 16 Feb 1977.
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. To view these census images online, they are available through a number of websites for a fee ($) or free.
- FamilySearch now has all of the British Censuses available.
- findmypast ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Worcestershire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Worcester Branch of the Birmingham and Midland Society for Genealogy and Heraldry Worcester Branch of the Birmingham and Midland Society for Genealogy and Heraldry. Date accessed and adapted: 05 October 2013.
[http://www.worcesterbmsgh.co.uk/CrownEast.html Worcester Branch of the Birmingham and Midland Society for Genealogy and Heraldry.
- This page was last modified on 6 May 2015, at 14:11.
- This page has been accessed 1,186 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News