Cyffig, CarmarthenshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
A guide to genealogy in Cyffig, with information on where to find birth, baptism, marriage, death and burial records; census records; wills; cemeteries; maps; etc.
KIFIG (CYFFIG), a parish, in the union of NARBERTH, county of CARMARTHEN, SOUTH WALES, 5 miles (W. by S.) from St. Clear's. The parish is intersected by the old road from St. Clear's to Narberth. There is a place of worship for Baptists.
For more information on Cyffig see Cyffig at Genuki.
|before 31 March 1974||Carmarthenshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Dyfed|
|from 1 April 1996||Carmarthenshire|
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464309. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Poor Law Union Records
Maps and Gazetteers
- Cyffig at Vision of Britain.
- This page was last modified on 14 January 2014, at 19:17.
- This page has been accessed 303 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More