Delaware Civil War Union Artillery UnitsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The following information comes from the Civil War Soldiers and Sailors web site. The web site can also be searched by the name of a soldier.
- 1st Delaware Battery, Field Artillery, see Nield's Independent Battery, Delaware Light Artillery
- 1st Delaware Light Artillery, see Nield's Independent Battery, Delaware Light Artillery
- 1st Delaware Heavy Artillery, see Ahl's Battery, Delaware Heavy Artillery.
- 2nd Delaware Battery, Field Artillery (Union)
Organized at Wilmington, Delaware, June 1863.
Captain John B. W. Aydelott
Muster out date not listed.
- Ahl's Battery, Delaware Heavy Artillery
Organized at Fort Delaware July 27, 1863.
Mustered out July 25, 1865.
- Crossley's Half Company, Delaware Artillery
"Compendium of the War of the Rebellion" by Frederick H. Dyer contains no history for this unit.
- Nield's Independent Battery, Delaware Light Artillery
Organized at Wilmington, Delaware, August 30, 1862.
Mustered out June 23, and discharged from service July 5, 1865.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Scharf, J. Thomas. History of Delaware, 1609-1888. (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: L.J. Richards, 1888), volume 1, page 372. Google Books. (Family History Library film 1000154 items 1-2.)
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 04:42.
- This page has been accessed 983 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News