Des Moines Iowa Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Des Moines Family History Center is a volunteer run library with access to many archives and records to help you find your ancestors.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 3301 Ashworth Rd West Des Moines IA 50265 United States
- Tuesday:10:00am-3:00pm & 6:30pm-9:00pm
Holiday Schedule: Closed all major holidays:
Calendar and Events
2015 Class Schedule
(will be updated monthly)
To register or request a class, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Getting to know Family Search- A beginning level introduction to FamilySearch & FamilyTree. Please arrive a few minutes early if you do not already have an account.
March 12 7:30-8:15pm
March 25 10-10:45am
Adding Memories to FamilySearch- bring a photo or the like with you to class.
Mar 4 10-10:45am- cancelled due to technical issues.
Mar 26 7:30-8:15
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Many books, micfrofilms and microfiche.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 9 computers(internet access), 2 printer/scanner/copiers, 4 microfilm readers, microfilm scanner and a microfilm reader.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 8 September 2015, at 22:53.
- This page has been accessed 2,485 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News