Desert Lake, UtahEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Utah-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Desert Lake, Utah was located "north of Desert Lake. In the spring of 1888 the Thomas and Samuel Wells families and others settled in this area. In 1906 they surveyed a townsite and built log cabins to live in while they constructed a canal. The agricultural value of the soil deteriorated with an excessive alkali buildup, so settlers moved over to nearby Victor. Desert Lake became a ghost town." 
- The Emery County UT GenWeb Project, a member of The UTGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ John W. Van Cott, Utah Place Names: A Comprehensive Guide To the Origins of Geographic Names (Salt Lake City: University of Utah Press, 1990), 108.
- This page was last modified on 18 March 2013, at 02:07.
- This page has been accessed 619 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback