Determine which microfilm to order for a specific parishEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The FamilySearch Catalog lists several microfilms for the 1901 census for most parishes in Ireland, this article explains how to determine which of the many films to order if you know the name of the town or townland where the ancestor lived within a parish.
You will need to know the name of the town or townland that a person lived in. The town of Swatragh is in the parish of Maghera in county Londonderry.
If you search the FamilySearch Catalog for Maghera to find microfilm numbers for the 1901 census you will see six different microfilms listed. The name of the townland is included so that you can order only one of the microfilms to a family history center for viewing.
- 1901 Gulladuff D.E.D. 68/1-7; Maghera 69/1-13, 14c FHL British Film 827107 Items 1 - 2
- 1901 Swatragh D.E.D. 70/10-16 FHL British Film 827108
- 1901 Tullykeeran D.E.D. 72/12 FHL British Film 824859 Item 2
When you are looking at the microfilm you will see a large oval shape in the upper right hand corner of the census pages. The numbers in these ovals are the D.E.D. numbers. Use these numbers to help you find the correct portion of the microfilm to search.
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 22:48.
- This page has been accessed 661 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News