Didlington, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
DIDLINGTON (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Swaffham, hundred of South Greenhoe, W. division of Norfolk, 7 miles (N.) from Brandon.  Didlington parish records include the parish of Colveston (also known as Colvestone and Colverston.
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Didlington, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|Didlington, Norfolk Online Records|
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
a. Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438860. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Didlington on GenUKI
- Norfolk: Colveston on GenUKI
- Colveston on Open Domesday
- COULSTON, alias COLVESTON on British History Online
- ↑ Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 46-55. Date accessed: 19 September, 2013.
- ↑ "Norfolk: Colveston" GENUKI, accessed 4 March 2014.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 10 February 2014.
- This page was last modified on 5 March 2014, at 04:09.
- This page has been accessed 382 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More