Diocese of DurhamEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Diocese of Durham|
|Archdeaconries||Auckland, Durham, Sunderland|
|Bishops Court||Court of the Bishop of Durham (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Durham County Record Office|
The area of the diocese incorporates:
- County Durham (except Teesdale),
- Tyne and Wear south of the River Tyne
Archdeaconries and deaneries
- the Archdeaconry of Auckland
- comprises the Deaneries of Auckland, Barnard Castle, Darlington, Stanhope and Stockton.
- the Archdeaconry of Durham
- comprises the Deaneries of Durham, Easington, Hartlepool, Lanchester and Sedgefield.
- the Archdeaconry of Sunderland
- comprises the Deaneries of Chester le Street, Gatehead, Gateshead West, Houghon le Spring, Jarrow and Wearmouth.
- This page was last modified on 27 June 2012, at 16:38.
- This page has been accessed 873 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More