District of ColumbiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Welcome to the District of Columbia page.|
|How to Find Information about District of Columbia Ancestors|
Featured ContentCharles County, Maryland), were made in 1663. Scottish immigrants founded Georgetown in 1751. Only a few people lived in the area when the federal government offices were moved there from Philadelphia in 1800. The city grew slowly until the 1860s, when the population more than doubled during and after the Civil War.
NEW! Join the District of Columbia Genealogy Research Community on Facebook or Skype!
]Did You Know?
The Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) collection contains some District of Columbia Bible records. This collection is partially indexed by E. Kay Kirkham, An Index to Some of the Bibles and Family Records of the United States, vol. 2 (Logan, Utah: Everton Publishers, 1984; FHL book 973 D22kk v.2; fiche 6089184).
Wiki articles describing these collections are found:
- District to Columbia Births and Christenings (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- District of Columbia Birth Returns (FamilySerach Historical Records)
- District of Columbia Deaths and Burials (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- District of Columbia Deaths (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- District of Columbia Marriage Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Distict of Columbia Marriages (FamilySearchHistorical Records)
Help with the District of Columbia Wiki pages
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need willing volunteers. You can help:
- Expand county articles
- Check links on pages
- ...and more
- This page was last modified on 12 March 2014, at 19:11.
- This page has been accessed 17,255 times.
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on our new look!Give Feedback