District of Columbia For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Eales, Anne Bruner, and Robert M. Kvasnicka, eds. Guide to Genealogical Research in the National Archives of the United States, 3rd ed. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Service, 2000. FHL 973 J53e; FHL 6051414 has the 1983 edition. Excellent listing and description of how to use genealogical material available at the National Archives.
- Hall, H. Byron. Lest We Forget: A Guide to Genealogical Research in the Nation's Capital. Annondale, Va., 1992. FHL Book 975.3 D27b 1992.
- Pippenenger, Wesley E. District of Columbia Ancestors: A Guide to Records of the District of Columbia. Westminster, Md., 1997. FHL Book 975.3 D23p.
Another helpful source is:
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Ancestry's Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources, 3rd ed. Salt Lake City, Utah: Ancestry, 2004. FHL 973 D27rb 2004; free online version. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 02:17.
- This page has been accessed 1,139 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More